1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soundcloud is going down....

Discussion in 'Working in the Industry' started by gsilbers, Jul 13, 2017.

1. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    Zen Master says we'll see.
    I remember when there was no need for premium memberships.
    That changed.

It's always about the money even when they say it isn't.

2. ghostnote

ghostnote noteghost

Nov 3, 2011
    My rational spidy senses are saying it won't happen. Too much accounts, too much hassle, too much: "I have to pay now? I'll quit!". Trust me, there's a way. Other platforms did it right and gained a lot lof revenue. Soundcloud just needs another strategy:

Great move! I hope these fockers get it right!

3. Alex Fraser

Alex Fraser Senior Member

Jun 21, 2017
    All I'll say is...phew.
    Now with other folk in the driving seat, hopefully it'll move forward. Crisis averted. For now.

4. DervishCapkiner

DervishCapkiner Senior Member

Nov 26, 2016
    dathyr1 - are you based in Scotland?

5. SirkusPi

SirkusPi Member

Dec 14, 2015
    I will gladly rejoin and pay for a pro account if they restore the features they deleted and start focusing again on actually being useful to independent musicians, as opposed to catering to the DJ-mix crowd by spending tons of money to get major label licenses to cover those mixes, and then trying to recoup that investment by unsuccessfully trying to be the 538th (or whatever we're up to now) unnecessary Spotify clone.

(I mean, I'm a big Spotify fan -- which I know is also controversial, but that's for another day -- but I really think we have enough streaming options already.)

Shad0wLandsUK likes this.
  6. Replicant

Replicant Senior Member

Jul 16, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    I will never understand what drove them to removing the "groups" feature.

dannymc likes this.
  7. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    I'm pissed off that most times I open up the app I have to bypass a screen asking me to subscribe to listen to tracks when I'm a pro member and pay them to supply them with music.

8. Desire Inspires

Desire Inspires Senior Member

Jul 30, 2016
    Miami Beach
    They should charge 99 cents a month for an account.

Only 20% of users would leave. Most others would just pay and keep their music in the site. A dollar a month isn't a lot of money, but it would bring in revenue for SoundCloud.

9. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

I am glad they are staying. And I agree with everyone's issues with them at this point. They really need to go back and review their mission statement. Rebuilding a model based on their older model would be a ticket for success.

dannymc and chimuelo like this.
  10. dannymc

dannymc Senior Member

Jan 10, 2015
    Dublin
    i'm also glad they are staying. but soundcloud could be so much more if they just got a bit more ambitious and creative.

Danny