1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soloists of Prague question

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Piotrek K., Aug 12, 2017.

1. Piotrek K.

Piotrek K. Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Hi everyone! I cut to the chase without further ado - anyone uses Virharmonic Soloists of Prague? What do you think about it? All I found online is one review, one walkthrough by Virharmonic (sounds nice, but too much reverb for my taste) and few demos that mostly try to drown those soloists in reverb. Again ;)

What I'd like to hear is how those soloists sound out of the box, how dry they are? How they sound without processing, are they usefull in exposed passages or they are rather something to hide? I'm not talking here about word building (even though it is awesome, and I would like to play with it), but basics - simple a, o, mmm etc. Anyone could shed some light here?

I'm thinking about that library because:
    a) it is hard to find satb solo voices in similar price
    b) it footprint seems to be low (both memory and drive space)
    c) I don't wanna pay for things I won't use (latin pre recorded phrases etc.)

Btw, if you ask what do I need it for - to add something to my pallete and maybe do things I haven't done before ;) So thanks in advance for any feedback on that.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017