1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screen Capture with Mic and DAW in Stereo?

Discussion in 'Working in the Industry' started by Sibelius19, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Sibelius19

Sibelius19 AKA -Erick McNerney

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan
    Hi everyone,
    I've been getting into making more video lately, but I've been troubling figuring out how to record the sound in stereo. It always comes out in MONO. It's difficult to do reviews, demonstrations and such without being able to hear everything in stereo. I would rather not have to Record audio and video separately and then have to sync up everything after the fact. Is there a way around this?
    Thanks!

2. tack

tack Damned Dirty Ape

Aug 3, 2013
    Since you didn't mention anything about your OS, DAW, or audio interface, I will draw the safe assumption that you are using exactly the same things I am. :)

In which case, OBS Studio for screen capture, and RME TotalMix FX to mix your mic input, DAW output, and (if you like) system output into a single channel via loopback that can be fed into OBS Studio. Alternatively, you could maintain all those as separate audio channels in OBS and mix/edit them independently in your NLE (assuming it supports multitrack audio).

Sibelius19 and Spip like this.
  3. Spip

Spip Senior Member

Jul 25, 2015
    @tack Thank you ! (seems to be exactly what I was looking for my PC)

On mac, Quicktime player works great.

Sibelius19 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Sibelius19

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan
    Wow, Awesome. Thanks so much!

5. musicalweather

musicalweather Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm on a Mac and use iShowU HD. Works well, records in stereo.

6. OP
    OP
    Sibelius19

Dec 12, 2015
    Michigan
    As a Windows user, I found the best combination to be OBS studio and Voicemeeter (which is Windows only I believe). musicalweather, if I ever switch to MAC, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!