1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ScoreClub.net: New Course Coming Soon

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by alainmayrand, Jul 22, 2017.

1. micrologus

micrologus Matt B.

Mar 23, 2014
    Switzerland
    I bought two courses last year but actually I can't access the lessons. If I click on the "continue course" button there is a blank page. Anyone has the same problem?

2. OP
    OP
    alainmayrand

alainmayrand Senior Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Was just uploading the new course. The site is offline for maintenance and uploading of the new course at the moment, will be back shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Alain

3. micrologus

micrologus Matt B.

Mar 23, 2014
    Switzerland
    Ok, thank you Alain! :2thumbs:

alainmayrand likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    alainmayrand

Dec 31, 2009
    Well, 3D is a term I use for myself and my students that represents a way of thinking about orchestration and how things fit together. Think of it as depth, but 3D scoring is more catchy.

No, no offer for the summer, only the new course will have a launch price and that's it.

Alain

5. OP
    OP
    alainmayrand

Dec 31, 2009
    My pleasure! Thanks for your patience!

Alain

6. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    If this moment ever changes, my motivation to spend money on your highly regarded courses will increase exponentially, FWIW.

7. OP
    OP
    alainmayrand

Dec 31, 2009
    Yes, I understand that completely! Thank you!

Alain

8. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Not to imply that it's a deal breaker, and please don't take this request as a complaint. I will likely get at least Orchestrating the Line anyway. It's mainly that our ISP service where I live is less than 100% reliable, and I very much like having tutorial or reference content that I can access even when the net is down. Cheers!

9. OP
    OP
    alainmayrand

Dec 31, 2009
    Oh, no at all. It is in my list of things to look at, but it won't be for a while if it happens.

Cheers,

Alain

Quasar likes this.
  10. d.healey

d.healey Kontakt Monkey

Nov 2, 2011
    England
    Ahem, anything that is streamed to your computer can be downloaded ;)

InLight-Tone likes this.
  11. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I've gone as far as to create a free account and check out the site in more detail. And am torturing myself over whether to spend the money on OTL 1

What is not clear to me: Is OTL 2 an "upgrade" to the original, or is it a 2nd, follow-up course, a continuation? Will OTL 2 in any way make OTL 1 redundant?

12. OP
    OP
    alainmayrand

Dec 31, 2009
    Hi, thanks for asking, that is a very good question!

OTL 2 is a continuation of the first one. They are partner lessons and the second course builds on the concepts of the first one.

My "master plan" with ScoreClub is to have a constellation of courses that are modular but connected, all meant to work together through which you can build your own "curriculum".

So you can rest assured that all courses are carefully planned to be complementary and never redundant.

OTL leads to OTL 2 and then a third one dealing with orchestral textures, gestures and runs. Those three are planned as a group.

Alain
    ScoreClub

Quasar likes this.
  13. Quasar

Quasar Senior Member

Jun 26, 2012
    I imagined that the nomenclature for educational materials should/would be different than for sample libraries (in which x solo strings "2" is typically a new and improved version of of a version 1), whereas in academia it's simply understood that courses 1 & 2 aren't "version" numbers, but continuations and advancements. So thanks for your answer. Just wanted a formal confirmation of what I had hoped would be the case.

d.healey and alainmayrand like this.