1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polyphonic legato

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Architekton, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Architekton

Architekton Senior Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Which libraries can do polyphonic legato...for example violins 1 and 2 section...or horn section? Do Spitfire Symphonic Strings and Brass can do that?

Thx

2. CineSamples

CineSamples Senior Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    All Cinesamples libraries have Polyphonic Legato.

goalie composer likes this.
  3. alexkishmusic

alexkishmusic New Member

May 1, 2014
    I have spitfire woodwinds, brass, chamber & symphonic strings, and the sacconi quartet libraries. They all have the ability to play polyphonic legato lines, but they are not true divisi like LASS (meaning for example the full section of violins 1 will be playing each note, rather than in LASS which can be set up to have subsections of the violins 1 playing different voices). But you can mimic this sound with the chamber strings library to an extent.

However, I find it easier to get the Spitfire poly legato lines to trigger correctly because they use the velocity of each note to determine the distinct voices. I've just never been able to get LASS to trigger this consistently.

4. Silence-is-Golden

Silence-is-Golden ^^

Jun 9, 2015
    The big plus of LASS is that it is so playable.
    With most others you need to tweak afterwards.

5. StrezovSampling

StrezovSampling Senior Member

Jun 8, 2010
    All of our latest choir libraries have polyphonic legato as well. No set-up needed.

6. WindcryMusic

WindcryMusic Senior Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Native Instruments Symphony Series String Ensemble has polyphonic legato with divisi as well, although I personally don't find its legato transitions very realistic-sounding.

7. newwest

newwest Member

Jun 3, 2011
    I would absolutely pay for an aftermarket script for Cinematic Strings, etc.

8. robgb

robgb Get Off My Lawn!

Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    skythemusic likes this.