1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orange Tree Samples 2017 Group Buy - UP TO 60% OFF!!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by gregjazz, Aug 1, 2017.

1. elpedro

elpedro Senior Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    Love the tiny piano, thanks Greg!

2. amorphosynthesis

amorphosynthesis Senior Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Just an irrelevant maybe silly question..
    Why is the mandolin missing from the guitar bundle? Maybe it will move from the acoustic bundle to an ethnic guitar bundle?

3. OP
    OP
    gregjazz

gregjazz Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    California
    I wanted to add it to the big Evolution guitar bundle, just to provide people with an upgrade/crossgrade path to the library. However, since the mandolin technically isn't a guitar it just felt wrong to add it to the guitar bundle--that's why we created the Evolution acoustic bundle, which has the mandolin in it, instead.

We have several other upcoming non-guitar libraries, such as banjos and ukuleles, that will run into the same situation, so we're also just paving the way for those.

4. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Hope we make past 1000 for the group buy. Days are quickly counting down. Got my items selected and will make a good addition to what I already have.

Edited: PS: if it reaches 60% which is going to be over 1500 people to have to do the group buy- I would switch to the complete bundle buy also. But there is only 13 days left to do that. I only have 3 of Gregs libraries right now.

We can always hope.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  5. Polkasound

Polkasound Senior Member

Sales like these are when I treat myself to VIs I don't need, but want, so I'm always hoping for the biggest discount. During last year's group buy, I bought a few instruments at 60% off. I think the 60% tier got pushed into to a higher participant bracket this year, but who can complain about 40% or 50% off? I've got my eye on a few more instruments. :)

elpedro likes this.
  6. elpedro

elpedro Senior Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    I have got one earmarked so far,but if the discount reaches the 60%, I will probably pick up 2 or more.

Polkasound likes this.
  7. Joe_D

Joe_D Senior Member

Oct 7, 2013
    (cough) Dobro (cough) Resonator (cough) please!? (cough)

8. Polkasound

Polkasound Senior Member

The blues guitar is a definite buy for me, but if the deal hits 60%, I may just buy a whole bundle. Although I just paid a $715 car repair bill today, which isn't helping with my splurging plans. :shocked:

Fleer and elpedro like this.
  9. elpedro

elpedro Senior Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    It's sad when the cash has to go on things other than Gear Acquisition Syndrome....:shocked:

Polkasound likes this.
  10. dathyr1

dathyr1 Senior Member

Jan 14, 2013
    But if you are retired like I am now, every little bit on the cost helps me now days. So there are various decisions we make on what music items to get.

I already own the Blues Hollowbodied Guitar. PolkaSound you will really like that library.

elpedro and Polkasound like this.
  11. elpedro

elpedro Senior Member

Dec 20, 2015
    Canberra
    At this rate, I wonder if we are going to even hit the 50%.........

12. OP
    OP
    gregjazz

gregjazz Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    California
    We still have 11 days left, so we're just about at the halfway point. If I remember correctly from the last group buys we've had, things usually slow down in the middle somewhat, and then there's a burst of new signups towards the end. Last year we reached just over 1,300 people, so I'm sure we can reach that or more. If necessary, I can always extend the group buy an extra week, too.

lumcas, elpedro, bill45 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

That would be a smart move... Incredible deal

elpedro likes this.
  14. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

Stratosphere is sublime! Strawberry is truly an all around kick butt vst...I use it and Stratty the most in electric land; the acoustics are orgasmic and well, yea, just get um all! As I don't really create bluesy things and the like, I didn't get the last couple offerings to keep my bundles up to date but there won't be a better time...so I'm bundling up again! And I dooooo want that Mandy...

Of course, Greg has very surreptitiously held off introducing his telecaster, which I've been waiting for forever....he mentioned it last year and then went dark... oh, you naughty boy!!! Planned this out, I'm sure. I've been withholding an orgasmic shreak for a year!!!

Remember... bundle upgrades from here on out offer a lower price for each new instrument than the intro price... so you win again, forever!

Best loyalty program ever! Meanest tease of a developer EVER for "tele"graphing my wet dream then making me wait so long...

elpedro likes this.
  15. ChazC

ChazC Senior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Melbourne
    I'm currently toying with picking up Cherry & Rick to go along with Strat & Strawb as Trilian has proved nothing but a nightmare since Cubase was updated to v9 - crashes left right & centre. Spectrasonics are helping to nail it down but I'm fancying a change now.

I noticed Modo is on sale at AD/JRR this month though & I could get that for the same price (currently) as Cherry & Rick. Not quite sure which way to lean as they all sound great...

Mind you, if the group buy hits 60% I'll just pick up the Evo bundle & have done! ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  16. SirkusPi

SirkusPi Member

Dec 14, 2015
    If the group buy does hit 60%, I'll definitely be going for the full guitar bundle. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to doubt that we'll make it, but hope spring eternal.

This week upcoming is my vacation week, so when the group buy was first announced I'd kind of daydreamed that somehow we'd hit 2,000 purchasers by now so I could have my new toy to play with during my time off from my day job. Ah well, longing makes the hard grow fonder. :grin:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    elpedro likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    gregjazz

gregjazz Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    California
    Today marks nine years since we released our first commercial sample library! Check out our Facebook page or Twitter for a special anniversary trivia question.

Oh, and we just passed 700 group buy participants!

18. Great ! Your products sounds fantastic. I've already got the slide lap steel and now I'm gonna get the evolution guitar bundle (10 gtrs) and maybe the big bottom bundle. Thanks guys for this opportunity. Even 50% is a great deal !

19. lp59burst

lp59burst Keeper Of Odd Knowledge (Kook)

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Can I use my 406 Orange Slices with this group buy? :thumbsdown: :thumbsup: :cool:

elpedro likes this.
  20. OP
    OP
    gregjazz

gregjazz Senior Member

Jul 10, 2005
    California