1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New vi guitar with dedicated engine....is here!

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by amorphosynthesis, Jul 22, 2017.

1. LinkinCB

LinkinCB Active Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Hope you will enjoy it.:P

lpuser likes this.
  2. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

3. eli0s

eli0s Member

Dec 23, 2016
    @LinkinCB , Hello, so, I just bought the instrument and play around with it, it looks and sounds very solid so far!
    One thing that is bothering me though, is that I can't find a way to turn off the default reverberation in the clean sound. Out of the box, the guitar sounds like it has a very strong reverb which I wish I can tone down significantly! How can I do that??? Thanks!

4. Brian2112

Brian2112 Senior Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Out of the box, it's totally dry. The "clean patches" are no doubt using reverb in the fx rack so you should be able to just dial it out (haven't messed with it yet myself).
    The more I'm using this, the more I love it. I have a lot of guitar libraries and most of them are excellent. Many of them have every articulation, but are difficult to play/program. A lot of them are dry and ready to be run through a good amp sim, some have their own effects rack (which in my opinion aren't great). Some are sampled with amps/distortion already (which somewhat limits your options).
    Heavier 7 is a great, easy to use guitar library with a great fx rack built in. Instead of loading up a guitar library, trying to find the right articulation, and then tackle what amp sim/fx to use and then get the doubling right, you can just audition the effects and just use it (adjusting fx if needed). It just eliminates most of the tedium. Plus it just sounds great.

A vid in use just popped up:

5. eli0s

eli0s Member

Dec 23, 2016
    @Brian2112 , thank you for your response. I can confirm that the VST version indeed doesn't have any reverb out of the box. But the standalone version has, although not for any obvious reason, the effect rack is empty and the reverb doesn't go away even with the bypass button pressed.
    However, it's the VST version that I care about, so I am pleased to know that it sounds clean! :)

6. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

Dirk!!!! thank you, my man... well done vid. Nice to see the little new guys getting some love!

Note: this is a 2 hour live stream kinda adventure... well worth your while. You'll learn a lot!

7. Brian2112

Brian2112 Senior Member

Sep 1, 2016
    Check your audio settings in the stand alone mode. Do you have more than one sound card? It might be putting it through windows audio or something by default other than your main sound card (if you're on pc).
    For some reason, my settings aren't saved in standalone. Always reverts back to windows audio instead of my sound card and no midi input. Probably missing something.

8. eli0s

eli0s Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I have just one sound card (a Steinberg UR44). The standalone version doesn't remember Audio and MIDI settings in my case also.

I've found the cause of the issue however! In the Audio Settings, all Active output/input channels were active. The problem is that these options, for some reason, are not available every time I select ASIO as device type. I have to randomly choose between Windows Audio, DirectSound and ASIO, until they eventually show up under ASIO.

@LinkinCB , this is some kind of bug, right..?

9. LinkinCB

LinkinCB Active Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Hello, we will add the function to remember your device selection in next release.

For the device refreshing issue, we will check if it is a system-level issue. If not, we will also solve it in next release.

10. eli0s

eli0s Member

Dec 23, 2016
    That's great to hear! Thank you!