1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Demo "Musical moment"

Discussion in 'Member's Compositions' started by Mus'images, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Mus'images

Mus'images Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Hi all,

i just want to share with you my last demo, "Musical moment". I hope your like it, thank you for your listening.

Franck

2. Dave Connor

Dave Connor Senior Member

May 23, 2005
    Los Angeles
  3. OP
    OP
    Mus'images

Mus'images Member

Mar 16, 2017
  4. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Senior Member

Aug 24, 2005
    Queensland, Australia
    Hi Frank, I'm just listening to this, and I too, like this a lot. There is also lots of orchestral variety also in here as regards the colorful contrasts of different timbres for the different textures. I really liked your choice of string articulations when they came in. What strings library are you using? Sounds very good. Thanks for sharing your music.

Steve :)

5. OP
    OP
    Mus'images

Mus'images Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Hello Steve, thank you for your comment :)
    Concerning the strings, i use East West Platinum Plus and LASS 1.

6. Illico

Illico Samuel Le Tonquèze

Nice and some good stuffs!
    When you said EW Platinum Plus for Strings, do you mean EW Symphonic Orchestra?
    I own the EWSO gold, do you think that platinum version upgrade could be a good choice for me or do you suggest another library ?
    Orchestral variety is very good, but I would have cut Piano part at the end, not in the same colour for me.

7. OP
    OP
    Mus'images

Mus'images Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Thank you illico :)

Yes, East West Symphonic Orchestra Platinium Plus for short Strings, and LASS 1 for legato strings.
    The Platinium Plus version could suit your needs, but if you are a fan of the smallest sound details, I recommend the Platinium Plus version, with its 24-bit samples.

Now, if you can, i recommend Hollywood Orchestra, the most complete version possible, so you can enjoy the different microphone positions, making it easier to integrate into your mix.
    As soon as i can, i will definitely take East West Hollywood Orchestra, and will always keep LASS in addition, which represents in my ears the best bank of Legato Strings.

This is a personal opinion. Do not forget that you can optimize your composition process, with all that can be done well today in terms of sound bank :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017