1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MTurbo Reverb- any experiences?

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by Markus Kohlprath, Aug 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Markus Kohlprath

Markus Kohlprath Senior Member

Mar 3, 2013
    https://www.meldaproduction.com/MTurboReverb
    Given how much discussion a new reverb release usually gets in the forums it's pretty quiet on this one. Did anybody get his hands on it? Looks interesting and the intro price isn't that bad.
    I cannot try it out in the moment but would like to hear opinions if somebody has experience already. Especially how it compares to b2. If it could be a less cpu hungry alternative.

2. Living Fossil

Living Fossil Senior Member

Oct 20, 2014
    I've used it on some occasions inside of MXXX.
    It has an amazing potential, but - as almost always with Melda - also a learning curve.

The Melda plug ins are all great, but it's not a company which does that kind of aggressive marketing as other competitors.

3. OP
    OP
    Markus Kohlprath

Mar 3, 2013
    Thanks for response!
    What do you mean with amazing potential? It is amazing and can do even more or it's not quite there but could be great if further developed. Or it depends on tweaking the right knobs which of course is true most of the times.
    In terms of richness and depths I always return to b2 . If Mturbo comes close and is less cpu hungry I'd get it for the intro price.
    I didn't get my hands on exponential audio and relab which also seem to be quite popular. So one of those would be nice to have in the arsenal as an alternative.

4. Living Fossil

Living Fossil Senior Member

Oct 20, 2014
    @Markus Kohlprath :
    In MTurboReverb you can dive into the core of the reverb and reprogram/modifiy algorithms. It's kind of a reverb toolkit. (However, i didn't went so far jet...but it's really easy to modify existing algorithms/settings, if one is familiar with the Melda logic)

5. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
    I would suggest posting this type of plugin question in the Mixing Forum in the future please . Gear Talk has been generally made for hardware equipment.

6. OP
    OP
    Markus Kohlprath

Mar 3, 2013
    Ah, ok I was wondering about that. Excuse me.
    But still nobody has an experience with mturbo rev?

7. OP
    OP
    Markus Kohlprath

Mar 3, 2013
    Well I'm not sure if it would be of any advantage if I would go into programming And its not really my desire. So this is not a "must have" argument for me. I see I must try it out myself.

8. SBK

SBK Senior Member

Aug 24, 2016
    I use it and its very realistic and musical, can make crazy reverbs for any kind of sound!