1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Latin Percussion Kontakt libraries...

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Cdnalsi, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Cdnalsi

Cdnalsi Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The only ones I found so far don't really sound as good IMO. NI Cuba sounds like a joke really, and I can't seem to find anything great sounding.

I'm looking for anything from congas, bongos, djembes, cajons to shakers, cabassas, triangles and timbales.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. jon wayne

jon wayne Senior Member

Oct 4, 2005
    Have you looked at Indiginus Brio? Not bad for the $$.

3. Lotias

Lotias Senior Member

Sep 16, 2016
    Evolution World Percussion probably contains all of those, but likely they're spread out. For example, the South America package contains a cajon and a couple of shakers, and some congas, and triangles, but no djembe or cabasa. But the South America version probably contains a lot of what you're looking for.

Brendon Williams and Cdnalsi like this.
  4. chillbot

chillbot Forum Bot

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Soon as I read the subject line I was clicking to say Evolution World Percussion. It's really the best, by a mile, in my opinion. Something about it just sits in the mix so well, I find it uber-useful. They have both "loops" but it's also very playable. I say "loops" in quotations because they are always quick to chime in, the loops are not recorded audio loops, but midi loops created from their one-shots. Because of that the "loops" stretch to any tempo (even though you don't actually have control of the midi) and the variations are awesome... from sparse/simple to complex.

Capture.PNG

I have always been able to create killer latin tracks with the above. Another option I use a lot is just good ol' Stylus RMX. Comes stock with great djembe loops.

sostenuto likes this.
  5. chillbot

chillbot Forum Bot

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Also if you can find it.... really old library... Festa Latina is the best loops I've heard, but it's only loops.

Capture.PNG

6. g.c.

g.c. Senior Member

May 26, 2010
    For some of what you're looking for, try Flaying Hand Percussion. Sonokinectic and Wave Factory have Brazilian Batacuda lib packages with Multi Sampled Instruments.
    g.c.

7. kgdrum

kgdrum Senior Member

Apr 11, 2005

As good as the Evolution World Percussion is, to bring to market a South American library that doesn't include cowbell or timbales is a somewhat strange oversight and for me quite disappointing.........
    Essential for AfroCuban ,Salsa etc.......

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Cdnalsi likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Cdnalsi

Cdnalsi Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Thanks everyone for your replies! It looks like the Evolution World Percussion sounds the best so far, but yeah, with some glaring omissions...

Damn, I'm going to spend so much on this upgrade, it's not even funny...

Still looking for proper sounding timbales and cowbells then?

Cheers!

9. MChangoM

MChangoM Senior Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Do you have NI Battery 4? There are several timbales and many cowbells, but not sure if they are "proper sounding".

10. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    StylusRMX :thumbsup:... and then a few RMX libraries like Loop Loft _ Celso Alberti - Brazilian Drums & Percussion :cool:

11. Jack Weaver

Jack Weaver Senior Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Native Instruments - Cuba
    CineSamples - Rio Grooves

Both sound authentic and good.

12. Alex Fraser

Alex Fraser Senior Member

Jun 21, 2017
    Not sure what DAW you're using, but if you're in Logic, the new percussion drummer included in the latest update comes with a bunch of multi-layed percussion EXS presets. All sorts of latin percussion.

13. C.R. Rivera

C.R. Rivera Popper with his favorite toy.

Oct 16, 2015
    Coronado CA
    I can't be sure this helps but I put a rough together last year. It uses APE by Soundiron, and World instruments via Aria.

14. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    Cdnalsi likes this.
  15. Lode_Runner

Lode_Runner Senior Member

Feb 5, 2014
  16. mc_deli

mc_deli Senior Member

Feb 22, 2015
  17. Virtual Virgin

Virtual Virgin Senior Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Why do so many of these ethnic sets have glaring omissions in their collection?
    Waves Factory Samba? No cuica, ganza, cabasa, pandeiro, caixa. Can't they do a few minutes of research? Can't they obtain these relatively inexpensive instruments?

Cdnalsi likes this.
  18. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge