1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kontakt menu graphic

Discussion in 'KONTAKT: Sampling, Programming & Scripting' started by Discotron, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Discotron

Discotron Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Hi guys/girls,
    I'm trying to work out how to make a graphic for a menu but I'm not having much luck.

Here is what I have done:

declare ui_menu $reverb_ir

set_control_par_str(get_ui_id($reverb_ir),$CONTROL_PAR_PICTURE,"revgraphic")
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Gothic 1",0)
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Gothic 2",1)
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Gothic 3",2)
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Room small",3)
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Room medium",4)
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Room Large",5)
    add_menu_item ($reverb_ir,"Strange",6)

Is it possible to make a menu display a graphic (instead of the usual grey box and text) with a none player instrument menu?
    I basically want the usual menu text to appear when I click on the menu graphic (for example Gothic 1) and then when the menu selection has been made a graphic will be displayed to show the selection (Gothic 1).

Thank you in advance for any guidance you may be able to offer.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  2. paoling

paoling Developer

Jan 22, 2005
    One way is layering an invisible menu (with an invisible skin and offsetting the Text with text_alignment properties) and place a Slider with your graphic under it. Another way would be to change the skin of the menu at each selection, but I prefer the menu over slider method.

3. OP
    OP
    Discotron

Discotron Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Thanks Fluffy Audio.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  4. Lindon

Lindon KSP Developer

Jul 27, 2010
    Republic of Yorkshire
    take a look at textpos_y if you offset your menu text by enough it will no longer appear "on the button" but all menu options will appear when you click on the menu.

5. OP
    OP
    Discotron

Discotron Member

Jun 23, 2017
    Thank you, that works great.