What's new

Hello everyone... I am Epicurse

Epicurse

Good afternoon members,

My name is Eric Oriol and I go by Epicurse when I compose epic orchestral music.

Started back in March 2016 with no instrument experience nor music theory knowledge, I decided to use Studio One from Presonus as my DAW and I started composing one track at the time.

I always wanted one day, when possible, to buy a $5000 keyboard to make music but since then technology got easier. I was able to get a Korg microKEY 61 and a nanoKontrol2 and get going with a few good VST libraries.

Some my earlier tracks are on my Epicurse FaceBook fan page.

(Note: I am in the process of re-posting my older tracks at the moment so scroll down for the newer stuff)

Just signed in to VI-Control and I am looking forward to this site, its members and to be part of this great community.

Have a great day,

Epicurse.

Welcome!

Your name is dangerously close to the epic music composer "Epikus". If you want to make it a brand, you might reconsider - it's really close ;)

I was notified earlier about this similarity. I really like Epicurse as my kid came up with it back in March 2016.
As of making it a brand, I am quite far from it... so no worries there.

Welcome!

Your name is dangerously close to the epic music composer "Epikus". If you want to make it a brand, you might reconsider - it's really close ;)

Last edited:
I was notified earlier about this similarity. I really like Epicurse as my kid came up with it back in March 2016.
As of making it a brand, I am quite far from it... so no worries there.

why not just use your real time. all the best epic composers i know use their real names. oh and welcome to the forum. ;)

Danny

Hey Danny, Thx for the welcome.

I might end up to do that. As a family it is really cool when my kids call me Epicurse instead of dad and asked me to make some music...

why not just use your real time. all the best epic composers i know use their real names. oh and welcome to the forum. ;)

Danny

Danny
Hi Danny, just a test-----do you know the real name of Vangelis, WITHOUT looking it up? :)

Hi Epicurse

Sometimes "nicknames" are better.

Cheers

Carlos---yes, my real name

Hey C.R. Rivera, I kind of agree with you.

There are already many Eric Oriol in the World but only a hand full of "Epicurse".
As long as I am not breaking any copyrights or laws, I will probably stick with Epicurse for now cuz it is sexier than Eric Oriol and easier to search. lol

Hi Danny, just a test-----do you know the real name of Vangelis, WITHOUT looking it up? :)

Hi Epicurse

Sometimes "nicknames" are better.

Cheers

Carlos---yes, my real name

Danny,

"Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou", which brings up one question---can you imagine that on a royalty check, or, a business card? :)

i was hoping to be the only Danny Clinton composer in the world but turns out theres another there on spotify who got there before me :mad:

Danny

Danny,

"Evangelos Odysseas Papathanassiou", which brings up one question---can you imagine that on a royalty check, or, a business card? :)

An example of overly intellectual parents gone arwy. Evan Odyss would have been much more merciful. ;)

Welcome Epicurse, I think the name is fine- it's hard to forget. :)

You can always pull a Native Instruments/ German move and spell it "Epikurse".

Hehe with a K... How about that! lol. Hey X-Bassist thx for the welcome.

An example of overly intellectual parents gone arwy. Evan Odyss would have been much more merciful. ;)

Welcome Epicurse, I think the name is fine- it's hard to forget. :)

You can always pull a Native Instruments/ German move and spell it "Epikurse".

Top Bottom