1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FS: Yamaha EX5R rack synth/sampler

Discussion in 'FOR SALE: Music Gear CLASSIFIEDS (Free Service)' started by quipurite, Oct 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. quipurite

quipurite Member

May 23, 2007
    California
    EX5R-Face.jpg FS: Yamaha EX5R
    decided to pull this ad for now.

regards, Larry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Rctec likes this.
  2. chillbot

chillbot Forum Bot

Feb 6, 2014
    La Canada Flintridge, CA
    What a great synth. I wish I didn't already have one I would buy it again. Don't see these very often....

3. OP
    OP
    quipurite

quipurite Member

May 23, 2007
    California
    well I am hoping to sell it to the best offer I can get. It looks and works like brand new. Just put a new battery in it also. Only used by me in a very clean home studio.

4. dpasdernick

dpasdernick Senior Member

Jan 18, 2010
    She is a beauty. I came close to buying the keyboard version of this a few months ago but there were some issues with it. I have been buying more hardware than software recently. I just bought a Korg Triton rack yesterday.

Good luck with the sale!

5. OP
    OP
    quipurite

quipurite Member

May 23, 2007
    California
    thanks. Hardware synths and all outboard equipment has been undervalued for years. Most software, with few exceptions, are lean at the least and can lack character. The popularity of outboard analog gear shows how palpable the sound from hardware can be! enjoy!

6. dpasdernick

dpasdernick Senior Member

Jan 18, 2010
    The thing that makes me more and more interested in hardware is the amazing amount of inspiring sounds the programmers squeezed out of such a small footprint. The Triton I bought has only 32 megs of ram but has so many inspiring sounds. Plus you can actually tweak physical knobs. Sure the piano in it won't rival a mega sampled software version but the fact that it's one of 100's of amazing sounds is magic.

It's definitely a hassle to hook it all up but when you play a huge pad on a JD-990 it puts a lot of software to shame. iMHO.

If your Yamaha is still for sale by Christmas let me know. I should be getting a few more bucks together around that time.

All the very best,

Darren

germancomponist likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    quipurite

quipurite Member

May 23, 2007
    California
    You are absolutely right about inspiration. The thing is that the efforts involved in programing makes the instrument more intimate, so it becomes a part of the user just like a guitar players guitar and so on. Yeah
    being able to tweak physical hardware makes it "real" also. And, as you say, the layered sounds are much larger than life vs softsynths in general.

I can contact you if I don't sell the unit before Christmas if I don't find a used equipment dealer who is interested. Many thanks for your input. best. Larry

germancomponist likes this.
  8. OP
    OP
    quipurite

quipurite Member

May 23, 2007
    California
    No buyer for now. So I removed the ad. thanks for your interest. larry

9. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston New Member

Aug 12, 2017
    Still looking to sell this? I presume you can simply plug in a keyboard via midi and access sounds? I heard it was tricky to program, but there must be sounds already on there? Thank you.

10. jsillari

jsillari New Member

Tuesday
    California
    Larry:
    If you are still interested in selling the EX5R please let me know.
    Thanks, John.