1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAIR to COMPARE ? New Audio Imperia Cinematic Experience Bundle & Hybrid Two _ Project Alpha/Bravo

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by sostenuto, Aug 10, 2017.

1. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Pissed that I missed __ recent Project Alpha/Bravo Promo _ but I did !! :crying:

Thinking this AudioPlugin-Deals _ Audio Imperia promo may be comparable ?? o_O
    Plz don't say "...not even close ! "

2. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    I'd been looking at those four Photosynthesis libraries for some time now. Love what Jeremiah Pena did to the Kontakt engine. One of them is even based on cello, my third favorite instrument. He's also selling them through his own website IIRC.

3. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Thank-you for encouraging support! Current interests/activities make this very attractive. Cello also high on personal instrument favs (after piano _ of course :P) .......

HybridTwo _ Project Alpha/Bravo more a curiosity now as price is far higher.
    Had I added it, this Lib would likely be a pass, simply due to overall cost.
    Oh well ....

Fleer likes this.
  4. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Wanted to get Project Alpha/Bravo too but didn't after all, as they were almost entirely directed towards cinematic effects and I'm more into melodic libs like the Jeremiah Pena ones.

sostenuto likes this.
  5. paulmatthew

paulmatthew Senior Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Milwaukee, Wi
    The audio imperia Dystopian Dreams volumes would be similar to the Hybrid Two libraries but the rest of it I would say no. The photosynthesis series is more about soundscapes ,ambiences, etc . It's a great all around package offering at the moment . I have quite a few Audio Imperia libraries and only one in this package but am very happy with all of them

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    sostenuto and Fleer like this.
  6. Grizzlymv

Grizzlymv Senior Member

Apr 12, 2016
    I got a few audio imperia libraries and from that deals only the first 3 photosynthesis that I just love quite a lot. I also have project bravo. Those 3 doesn't compare to bravo at all. I've got other AI libs that plays in the same battlefield as hybrid two, but I would say that for riser, downer, synths, percs, bravo is probably better in the sense that you have more colors and flexibility in one lib. To achieve the same I feel you need several AI libs. Maybe it's just me though. The loops however, and drones in AI libs are very inspiring and I can't find the same in project bravo.

So all in all, I'd say they would complement each other rather than directly compete. But that's just my own opinion. ;)

Cheers.

sostenuto likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Darn good comparison and critique ... for my purposes. :thumbsup: Can pick AI 'Deal' up now and hope something comes back around with Proj Alpha/Bravo.

THX !

8. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Would this bundle's Dystopian Dreams be more like Project Alpha or Project Bravo?

sostenuto likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Also .... trying to make some sense out of Hank Drums. Not a criticism at all, just not capable of analyzing audio track info and placing in some context with similar instruments ....

Dystopian Dreams & Hank Drums ....
    Could use some expert comment.

10. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

the alpha bravo deal was a "wow"... bought them long ago and they are awesome... have listened to all the AI stuff and to me they feel like clutter. Maybe I'm becoming jaded but that's my reaction. Time is precious and search sucks... also they just feel "not" awesome...I could not get excited, looked at my hd's full of stuff along these lines, and passed....Then again, different strokes for different folks

DJ is still working on Vol. 3 of his collection so maybe another special for a/b will happen upon release.

Oh, yea... while I don't have the AI stuff, I'll go out on a limb and make your day... NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

11. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    So timely ! Yes, sent two e-mails to DJ hoping for some access to Alpha/Bravo at buzz prices, but no Reply.:sad:
    Understand fully tho. YES! maybe at Vol. 3 release ??? Gotta hope ....:barefoot: Will keep powder dry 'til then.

12. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Depends on what you're looking for. Definitely digging the Jeremiah Pena photosynthesis libs. Very ambient indeed. That man is a Kontakt soundscape genius.

13. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

14. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    You guys are killin' me !! :shocked:
    Yeah ... darn decent deal just for Photosynthesis Libs.

Nuttin negative now ... just on the fence. Wish someone had some 'techy' comments on Hank Drums ....

15. JonSolo

JonSolo Not Han's Brother

Yes very good stuff there.

And I am all over the Hank Drums Exp 1 for some glitch stuff.

16. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Good to hear ! Results are what count ... for sure. Searched a bit more on Hank/Tank Drums and a bit more comfortable ... :notworthy:

17. Pixelee

Pixelee Senior Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I did the demos for Hank Drums. They are great for driving the tracks with the rhythms. I believe they were inspired by the kind of tracks you would hear in "Lost". I write mostly trailers so Hank Drum works really well in between intro and main theme.

Don't have Dystopian, can't comment on it.

18. OP
    OP
    sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Cool Reply ! THX. More comfortable and interested now ..... :thumbsup:

Pixelee likes this.
  19. Vastman

Vastman we make the future

OK, Fleer... ya got me! I first bought Pena's photosynthesis engine to support his local dude development efforts when it was a donation offering... Don's review sold me... even though I'm sure I have some of the photosynthesis stuff someplace (crazy when ya get to that point, eh???)

Oh, and Fleer, while I was at it I just upgraded to the full Mercury piano... love the light version and well, may as well enter into the nirvana we now share with this beautiful beast!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017 at 4:26 PM
    Fleer likes this.