1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need Metropolis Ark?

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Ron Kords, Aug 8, 2017.

1. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    One of most detailed, relevant reviews to help my upcoming choices !! :thumbsup:
    Main OT stimulus here is decision to go with BO_Inspire at Intro. Next steps can be staged easily and Blk Fri is one likely time, especially given current euro/usd xchg rate :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Appreciate your candid review comments !!

2. Nick Batzdorf

Nick Batzdorf Moderator

I think of Ark as an auxiliary library to add larger-than-life weight. It's very good at that.

3. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    BOTH Ark(s) (added weight) ? Some have 'characterized' M Ark(s) as potential 'bookends' for BO_Inspire .....
    I remain unsure.

4. Nick Batzdorf

Nick Batzdorf Moderator

You're right, I'm talking about the original one only.

It has things like Fartmunster contrabassoons, Grüelich shouting choirs (I'm making up the names), Pütsonfeier guitars, whatever. They're all big-ass sounds.

I mean, where else are you going to get an ensemble of contrabassoons? The cases for those things are the size of a Fender Rhodes! And they sound glorious.

Arviwan and MChangoM like this.
  5. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Got it ! THX for clarifying. Those Fartmunster Contra Bassoons alone make Ark 1 worth it ... o_O

Nick Batzdorf likes this.
  6. Breaker

Breaker Member

Jul 17, 2017
    I guess the idea of the guitars is just to bring a little bit different texture to the wall of sound this library is supposed to build.
    But what about the DI's and the spot mics for the guitars? I managed to get a sound out of them that will cut through the mix and could be somewhat usable in other context as well.

I totally agree that 8-String Uproar RAW sounds much better in more traditional guitar setting though. If they only would have sampled a octave or two more...

7. VinRice

VinRice ... i am a robot ...

May 20, 2017
    The UK of Englandshire
    I know why they did it, unfortunately it just sounds horrible. YMMV

8. novaburst

novaburst Senior Member

Dec 21, 2015
    While the do I need Ark is a great idea remember you need to get an epic attitude in your composition, once you get that your 99% there and you will most likely get away with just using Spitfire.

When the vibe is there in you music the listener hardly hears whats being used to create it, a great epic composition always shadows what library's being used,

Take Blakus for instance it wasn't what he used it's what was written and his attitude to his compositions,

Vovique likes this.