1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Custom 88 Semi-Weighted Controller - Interested?

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by mverta, Jun 13, 2017.

Interested in a fantastic-feeling 88-key semi-weighted controller with a ton of controls?

1. Finally! Lord God yes please take all my money.

36.2%
  2. Well, sure, but has to be under $1000.

43.6%
  3. Would have to be under $500 for me.

19.5%
  4. No, I don't really play - I "trigger."

0.7%
  1. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Yah, I got the email about it. I'm hoping that doesn't mean he will stop posting here since everything is now hashed out with the issues that were going on. There are just too many forums to keep up with now, sadly.

2. patrick76

patrick76 Senior Member

Nov 23, 2014
    I don't think he is posting here. I say that because he didn't post here about the last masterclass he did. Of course I am only speculating.

3. chimuelo

chimuelo Star Of Stage & Screen

May 14, 2007
    Between 120-150bpm
    I play live for a living.
    I learned the hard way about an All In One keyboard.

Here's my fast set stable set up...

I would love to retire Solaris and grab another 88, designed by a programmer/performer.
    I'd set it on my top tier.

IMG_1199.JPG

4. Massimo

Massimo Senior Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Ticino/Switzerland
    I am watching this thread with great interest as I have been looking for an 88-keys controller for ages.

Please Mike give us some picture concepts if you have it so it is much easier to discuss things further, give opinions, options, suggestions, etc...

I have been thinking for quite some times to build my own controller, so it is refreshing to see that other individual have and are thinking alike.

What I would say is that now a days there are resistant alternative materials to plastic and metal that can make a controller lightweight as well as robust, plus the solar power implementation is also something that I feel is possible.

Cheers, Max

5. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
    Perhaps @mverta wants to concentrate on his own forum now? But not to post here where the target audience for this product is seem odd.

AlexanderSchiborr likes this.
  6. Massimo

Massimo Senior Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Ticino/Switzerland
    Are you referring to the recent forum he created for his masterclasses?

7. FriFlo

FriFlo Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Well, I think he wants all of you to join his forum, if interested in his masterclasses or this keyboard. Here, he had to pay for his threads to be able to sell his masterclass. Now, he is putting that money in his own forum. I don't see where the problem is ... either you guys are interested and join or leave it ...

8. Massimo

Massimo Senior Member

Dec 10, 2006
    Ticino/Switzerland
    I already joined Mike's forum but was not clear if this 'custom controller' thread was still open sort of speak...

9. OP
    OP
    mverta

mverta One with the Force

Jul 10, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I'm focusing on the new forum while wishing VI-C the best. Information on this project and my Masterclasses can be found there. My "target audience" is internally-motivated to come find me, which should help to keep my forum obscure, small, of little interest to developers, unpopular, and my project mostly off the radar. Now we're talking. :)

AlexRuger likes this.
  10. higgs

higgs n thusiast

Jan 24, 2016
    California
    Fight Club rules apply?

11. OP
    OP
    mverta

mverta One with the Force

Jul 10, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Ha... they don't work anyway. No, in a world of constant bleating pressure to subscribe and like, I just prefer a contrarian stance.

Massimo and tack like this.
  12. tack

tack Damned Dirty Ape

Aug 3, 2013
    Mike, I liked your post because irony.

higgs and mverta like this.