1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazed at Spitfire's online support...

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Lee Blaske, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Lee Blaske

Lee Blaske Senior Member

I know there's another thread going about quality of support, but I just had a really unique experience with Spitfire Audio that I think warrants its own thread. ;)

I was scratching my head regarding installing the BT Phobos library on my new computer. I initially tried installing just the update, in hopes that I could link it to the content previously downloaded on an external SSD now hooked up to the new computer (a la the way you do it with Spectrasonics). Subsequently reading the manual, though, I discovered that Phobos requires a complete download each time. There was a link in an open instance of Phobos for help with library issues. I clicked it, and it took me to a page with info on resolving the problem. Then there was a chime, and live help (a guy named Sandy from Spitfire) was asking if I needed any assistance. Whole thing was resolved in minutes (he reset things in my Spitfire Library Manager so that the whole library would download once again).

Pretty incredible to get this level of service. Spitfire certainly has put a lot of effort into linking the service to the plug-in and the help page. And, they've got smart people right there waiting to step in. Very thorough.

2. pfmusic

pfmusic Senior Member

Feb 9, 2017
    Glasgow
    Excellent, Sandy from SA helped me earlier this year with a sustain problem I was having with Felt piano. He gave me brilliant support and helped to sort the problem.

Great company and brilliant support :)

Lee Blaske likes this.
  3. Mornats

Mornats Senior Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Sandy's helping me out with an issue right now :)

Lee Blaske and pfmusic like this.
  4. lp59burst

lp59burst Keeper Of Odd Knowledge (Kook)

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    I have an Aunt named "Sandy"... Aunt Sandy is that you..? :sneaky: ;) :cool:

Seriously though, I'm a huge fan of SFA. They really are setting the mark high in my opinion.
    From "Concept" to "Content" to "Delivery" to "Support" I think they really are quite impressive. :2thumbs:

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    pfmusic and Lee Blaske like this.
  5. tack

tack Damned Dirty Ape

Aug 3, 2013
    It's a little known fact that one of the criteria for joining Spitfire's support department is that you have to legally change your name to Sandy.

Fortunately the name works for both sexes (and all those in between).

Jaybee, ptram and Lee Blaske like this.
  6. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Active Member

May 8, 2017
  7. Fleer

Fleer Senior Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Spitfire support rocks indeed :2thumbs:

pfmusic likes this.
  8. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
  9. ptram

ptram Senior Member

Nov 30, 2013
    I only had a couple pre-sale questions, but they were asked in minutes, with clarity and kindness. Not bad at all.

Paolo

10. lp59burst

lp59burst Keeper Of Odd Knowledge (Kook)

Sep 11, 2016
    SF Bay Area
    Nice tie... personally I would have gone with a light blue one... it goes better with Beige/Tan/Taupe... ;)

11. synthpunk

synthpunk Senior Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Hell's Kitchen-Orlando
    Christian's Blazer fits him well.

passsacaglia likes this.
  12. newwest

newwest Member

Jun 3, 2011
    I sent in a ticket about tuning issues on the celli for Chamber Strings and never heard back.

13. SpitfireSupport

SpitfireSupport Active Member

May 8, 2017
    Hi newwest. We never knowingly ignore a genuine support ticket, there must have been a technical issue. If you DM me your email address, I can look into it. Ben

D Halgren likes this.